Are you a proactive gardener or a reactive gardener?
Not sure what the difference is as it relates to gardening?
In our “Proactive vs. Reactive Garden Strategy, Explained,” we’ll define the difference between the two strategies and provide examples so you have a better understanding!
This will help you determine which strategy fits you best!
This episode is meant for any level of gardener who wants to learn different techniques to use in their garden.
Proactive Approach or Reactive Response?
Have you ever thought about how your garden’s needs and your needs work together?
A proactive approach to gardening would occur when you anticipate a problem or need of your garden and then plan for it!
For example, planting deer-resistant plants in advance to keep deer out of your garden. Or, putting down a mole or gopher repellent (Sweeny’s Granular Repellent works in our yard!) to deter them in advance from entering your yard.
A reactive response to your garden would occur when you wait for something to happen and then react to it accordingly. It is not a bad thing, necessarily, because often we don’t have a choice what happens in our garden.
Another example would be a garden pest such as a gopher, squirrel, or rabbit appears and now you need to amend something in your yard to deter their presence. Again, Sweeny’s Gopher and Mole Repellent Granules work really well keeping Gophers and Moles out of your yard!
The type of garden strategy you choose is entirely up to you!
We’ll present you with each one and you can then figure out what your gardening strategy can be.
For more examples of proactive gardening:
Do you need to prune your roses, trees, or shrubs soon?
Below are a couple of great posts to help you get started!
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations for our favorite brand of loppers!!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Pest Removal Quick Tips Guide from our Free Resources Library
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Ep. 21: Proactive Weed Control Strategies For Any Season
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener!
- Best Pruning Saw For Any Gardener
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 30: Understanding Basic Plant Growth
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork