What You’ll Learn:
- 2 Garden Hose Spray Nozzle Problems to Look for and How to Fix Them
- 2 common garden hose nozzle problems to look for and how you can fix them right away
2 Garden Hose Spray Nozzle Problems to Look for and How to Fix Them
One of our many summer gardening chores is to keep our beautiful plants watered.
This can be hard to do when your garden hose nozzle doesn’t work properly or ends up watering you more than your plants.
If this has happened to you, here are two common garden hose nozzle problems to look for and how you can fix them right away:
- Problem: If your garden hose nozzle profusely leaks from just below the handle where your hose attaches to it, then you are most likely missing a little rubber ring or “gasket”. Solution: You can either go buy a small package of them from your local hardware store OR just take one from that older garden hose nozzle you don’t use any more and place it up into the metal or plastic structure of your nozzle. Once this is installed, your plants should now get more water than you.
- Problem: If water isn’t coming out of the spray nozzle or head uniformly and some water is spraying in different directions from all the other water, then you could have some clogging in the watering head. Solution: Easiest thing to do is to unscrew and remove the head from the nozzle and gently tap the head on a wood or rock surface with the threaded end facing down and coming into contact with the wood or rock surface.
Bonus Problem: There is also a rubber gasket or ring that goes between the actual nozzle and spray handle.
If this is missing then you will have lots of leaking water from the spray nozzle before the water comes out the actual end it is supposed to.
Bonus Solution: If needed, just replace that rubber gasket like we described in the first common problem and you will be good to go.
The Longest Blooming Perennials for Your Summer Garden – DIY Ep. 99 (Podcast)
Caring for Fuchsia Hanging Baskets– (Our Quarantined Gardeners #78 YouTube Video)
Order our New Book: First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. Now available!
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on
our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share our show or follow us on
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase. Anvil vs Bypass Pruning Shears – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 9 (podcast)
Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers.
To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!