Find out the top 5 garden critters that are eating your garden bulbs on this quick garden minute podcast.
Who are the top 5 garden critters eating your garden bulbs?
In this podcast, you’ll hear the top 5 garden animals eating and damaging your garden bulbs.
What You’ll Learn:
- Top 5 garden critters that are eating your garden bulbs.
- Common ways to deter each of these critters from eating your garden bulbs.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Quick Tips For Adding Flowering Bulbs to Your Garden – DIY Garden Minute Ep.112 (podcast)
- Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
- Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!
The Top 5 Garden Critters Eating Your Garden Bulbs
Ornamental bulbs are some of the most beautiful plants and flower out there. And, …. there are many garden critters out there that damage and want to eat your bulbs. Sure, not all bulbs are tasty to garden critters, but they don’t need to eat them to damage them or stop them from flowering. Critters will nibble, rip, and even pull your bulbs out of planting holes to bury their own nuts and other foods can happen, too. Well, who are these critters? Here are the top 5 perpetrators:
Moles, surprisingly, don’t eat bulbs, but can dislodge them and create tunnels for these other critters to find their way to your bulbs.
Deterrents for these Critters (repeated application required)
Generally, each of these bulb marauders can be deterred by:
- chicken or other kind of wire wrapped over your bulbs before covering bulbs with soil.
- dog urine applied around your bulb plantings
- flakes of cayenne pepper sprinkled around each bulb planting
- strategically placing dog or cat hair around your bulb planting areas
If you are looking to protect your bulbs with a one time purchase and have repeated use, check out our GoFundMe.com page to see how our newest product idea can help you easily protect your bulbs and other plants.
Our new product (that we are crowdfunding for right now!) is a one time, set-it and forget-it product that will only need to set up once at the time of planting your bulbs for the whole season.
Check it out at our GoFundMe.com page and help us get our product into production.
Let’s save our Moms’ bulbs together!
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
And, if you have questions about these or other plants, we are here to help, so please email us.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
If you want to know more about growing plants and flowers, check out our new book The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers: All the Know-how you need to plant and tend outdoor areas using eco-friendly methods.
You can pre-order now so you get your copy on our release date of February 9th, 2021.
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.