Learn what you should know before you prune your plants on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
If you want to learn more about winter pruning, register now for our winter pruning do’s and don’ts webinar and find out what plants can be cut back this winter! Go to www.spokengarden.com/winterpruningwebinar to register now!
What you should know before you prune your plants.
In this podcast, you’ll learn what specifically you need to know before you prune your plants.
What You’ll Learn:
- What you need to know before you prune your plants.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- 5 Pruning Tips for Beginning Gardeners – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 167
- Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
- Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!
What To Know Before You Prune Your Plants
You know you need to prune your plants as part of their overall care.
You know there are different ways to prune and there can be differences of when to prune specific plants, BUT do you know the one thing you need to do before you actually start pruning?
Know Your “Why”
It’s to know why you are pruning.
Here are some examples of why to prune your plants:
For more flowers or larger flowers,
To make space for other plants to grow
To promote better health
To shape and form
To promote more fruiting
For ease of access against or to a building
To reinvigorate or rehabilitate.
Again, if you want to learn more about winter pruning, register now for our winter pruning do’s and don’ts webinar and find out what plants can be cut back this winter! Go to www.spokengarden.com/winterpruningwebinar to register now!
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here . And, if you have questions about these or other plants, we are here to help, so please email us.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
If you want to know more about growing plants and flowers, check out our new book The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers: All the Know-how you need to plant and tend outdoor areas using eco-friendly methods.
You can pre-order now so you get your copy on our release date of February 9th, 2021.
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.