Learn how to deadhead your petunias and keep them flowering and growing all summer on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Caring for Fuchsia Hanging Baskets– Our Quarantined Gardeners #78 YouTube Video
How to Deadhead Your Petunias
You added petunias to your garden and they have been blooming and looking fabulous.
BUT, now you aren’t sure how to clean away those old withered flowers.
What you need to do is deadhead your petunia plants so they stay clean and tidy looking, but also stimulate them to keep flowering during the summer months.
Here’s how to dead head your petunias:
- For each withered flower, follow its stem back to the first set of leaves
- Now, you can cut the flower stem just above those leaves and remove the old flower.
- New flowers will grow and develop from this node where those leaves are on the stem.
- Make sure fertilize weekly or every other week with a liquid fertilizer to help your petunias heal faster from the cuts and to then flower and fill in faster with new growth.
And that’s how you deadhead your petunia plants!
3 Great Reasons Why You Need to Deadhead Your Perennials – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 151
Pruning vs Deadheading, Revealed – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 2
Coneflower: A Gardener’s Guide and Plant Profile – Blog Post
Watch Our #Shorts Video To See Sean Talk About Deadheading Your Petunias
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.