What You’ll Learn:
- Quick facts about our featured plant.
- Links to buy your own Crocosmia
- Links and videos for further resources or education.
Don’t let their striking, red or orange flowers or their sword-shaped foliage fool you. Caring for Crocosmia plants, also known as Montbretia, is a lot easier than it looks. With their ability to spread and multiply over time, they will create a nice blanket of tropical-looking leaves and blooms in your garden. Learn quick care and planting tips for this gorgeous plant!
In “Crocosmia Care – A Mini Plant Profile” – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 92 – learn proper plant care and quick growing tips.This episode is meant for any gardener who is looking for an introduction to growing and caring for Crocosmia.
Jump ahead to the section you need:
Because you want to know more about Crocosmia, check out this link to our crocosmia plant profile sheet! If you’re looking to add even more beautiful crocosmia varieties to your landscape or containers, or just in a hurry and need to get your summer-blooming crocosmia bulbs in the ground, Eden Brothers offers fast shipping and a great selection!
These specific crocosmia bulbs would be perfect for you! They are low maintenance and add a tropical feel to your garden! Plus, when you get to the Eden Brothers checkout, because we are affiliates (which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you which helps us run our website and podcast), use our special coupon code “SPOKEN” for an extra 15% off your order!!
Crocosmia Plant Care
Crocosmia adds a tropical layer and vibrancy to your garden with their striking, gorgeous flowers and sword-shaped foliage.
Crocosmia care facts:
- They’re considered a perennial corm, a type of bulb.
- Related to freesia, Ixia, and Sparaxis.
- They have small blooms in orange, red, or yellow flowers
- They bloom during the summer.
- Sunset= Zones 5 to 24. USDA= Hardy to zones 6 to 9.
- They prefer full sun with some shade in the hottest zoned climates.
- They like well-draining, enriched soil.
- These plants need regular to moderate watering during growth and bloom times.
- Native to tropical and southern Africa.
- Crocosmia take a low to moderate level of maintenance with most maintenance happening after plants are done blooming and have died back to the ground.
- You can treat them like other bulbs like daffodils or tulips for after-care.
Crocosmia Planting Videos
Crocosmia Bulbs For Sale
Now it’s time to pick out more crocosmia to add to your landscape. Crocosmia are so easy to grow! They are highly prized for their beautiful flower color and shape, along with their leaves and growth form. These bulbs come in vibrant shades of red and orange!
Crocosmias are a lesser – known beauty of the plant world – they technically aren’t bulb… [More]
A warm, beautiful variety of Crocosmia, Emberglow will produce numerous orange, almost … [More]
Or, if you need to shop for other garden plants for this summer, click here for the most up to date deals on plants, bulbs, and seeds best sellers on Amazon!
Crocosmia is a low maintenance, striking summer-flowering bulb for your garden.
Adored by many gardeners for their vibrant color, tropical-looking leaves, and form, they provide a unique look and texture to any garden.
This beautiful plant will multiply over time providing tons of food for the pollinators and visual appeal for you!
Share our show or follow us on
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers.
To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!