Flowers that bloom all summer are every gardener’s dream and can be achieved with just a little research.
Luckily, there are many plants that fit this bill and add color and texture throughout the summer without too much maintenance.
Below, we have a list of several of the longest-blooming perennials for your summer garden plus we’ve chosen our two favorite perennials to highlight.
In “Longest-Blooming Perennials For Your Summer Garden” – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 99 – learn ideas for long-blooming plants for your landscape.
This episode is meant for any gardener who is looking for perennials that have little maintenance and bloom all summer.
If you’re looking to add beautiful perennials to your landscape or containers, check out the selection of perennials from Eden Brothers. Plus, they offer fast shipping and a great selection!
These specific purple coneflowers would be perfect for you! They are low maintenance, drought-resistant, and will bloom all summer!
Plus, when you get to the Eden Brothers checkout, because we are affiliates (which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you which helps us run our website and podcast), use our special coupon code “SPOKEN” for an extra 15% off your order!!
There are so many beautiful summer-blooming perennials to choose from, it can be hard to narrow down your choices. Perennials can be found in full sun varieties or shade-loving, and just about any color under the sun.
Examples of sun-loving perennials:
- Purple Coneflower
- Summer Phlox
- Shasta daisy
- Russian Sage
- Ice Plant
- Perennial Geranium
- Butterfly Milkweed
Below are the two perennials discussed in this episode:
- Prefers full sun.
- Needs low to moderate water.
- Flowers that will start blooming in late spring all the way to mid-fall (or until the first frost in some climates).
- Part of the daisy family and related to Shasta daisies, Black-Eyed Susans, and chrysanthemums.
Purple Coneflower or Echinacea purpurea is one of the most popular perennials in the ga… [More]
- Prefers full sun.
- Needs regular watering.
- Flowers will bloom continuously throughout the summer.
- Features flowers in colors of pinks, purples, reds, and whites.
Or, if you need to shop for other garden plants for this summer, click the link below.
Click here for the most up to date deals on plants, bulbs, and seeds best sellers on Amazon!
Long-Blooming Perennials Conclusion
Congratulations on your decision to stock your garden full of long-blooming perennials plants!
Perfect for your summer garden, with proper care your perennials will enjoy their forever home for years to come.
Now we want to hear from you!
Which long-blooming plants from the list above are you interested in learning more about?
Let us know by leaving a quick comment below. Thanks!
That’s all for this DIY garden minute episode!
You can find other one-minute topics on our podcast page at spokengarden.com/podcast
Find us on your favorite podcast platform and Alexa through MyPod or AnyPod!
Long-Blooming Plant References:
- Perennials That Bloom In The Summer – HGTV
- Long-Blooming Perennials That Last All Summer – The Spruce
- Long-Blooming Perennials – Missouri Botanical Garden
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page!
We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Learn about two of the longest-blooming perennials that bloom all summer long. Incorporate these plants into your landscape for beautiful color and texture each summer.
Subscribe on iTunes
In this podcast, learn about two, beautiful summer-blooming perennial plants that have long bloom times.
Free Summer Gardening chapter from our newest ebook
What You’ll Learn:
- Two long-blooming perennials that bloom in the summer
- Quick plant care tips about our featured plants.
- Links and videos for further resources or education.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Summer Gardening Free Chapter of eBook!
- Lavender: A Gardener’s Guide and Plant Profile
- Summer-Blooming Perennials For Shade – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 96
- Full Sun Perennials That Bloom All Summer – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 95
- Drought-Tolerant Perennials That Bloom All Summer – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 97
- Awesome Summer Perennials For Cut Flowers – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 98
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase. Anvil vs Bypass Pruning Shears – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 9 (podcast)
Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers.
To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!