Listen to learn what 5 fall garden tasks you need to do so your garden stays healthy on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Five Fall Garden Tasks to Plan For
If you are like us, you start planning for the upcoming gardening season at least a couple of weeks before it actually comes, and Fall is on its way.
And one way to think about fall gardening is to be preparing your garden for winter.
So, what 5 fall garden tasks should you be thinking about to get your garden ready for this coming winter?
- Mulch your garden beds, ground AND raised. This provides insulation and protection from any fall storms and cooling temperatures that could harm your plants, along with many other benefits.
- Planting spring-flowering bulbs, if they can overwinter outside in your garden. Get your Daffodils, Tulips, Grape Hyacinth, Alliums, and other bulbs in the ground.
- Weeding your garden beds so your plants don’t have to compete with unwanted plants for water, light, and nutrients.
- Spreading Compost to revitalize your garden soil and help recycle broken down
- Add new plants to your garden and divide older plants to fill in open spaces around your garden.
Ready to get your garden whipped into shape this fall? Take our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge!
Our YouTube Video on the Importance of Fall Mulching
6 Shasta Daisy Companion Plants – DIY Ep. 207 (Podcast)
Taking Summer Cuttings– (Saturday LIVE Video Garden Chats on YouTube)
Order our New Book: First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. Available on Amazon!
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.