Listen to know these 5 easy tips to take your own summer stem cuttings on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Subscribe on iTunes Stitcher Spotify
Watch Us on YouTube
5 Tips To Take Your Own Summer Stem Cuttings
If you are looking to add more colorful and amazing plants to your garden, then you might be consider taking cuttings from the plants you already have.
But, what you might not be sure how to take those stem cuttings and what are the best practices during the summer.
So, here are 5 tips to take your own summer stem cuttings:
- Always take stem cuttings during the coolest time of day
- Definitely make sure the plant is well hydrated and isn’t wilting before taking stem cuttings
- Be sure to take cuttings from healthy tissue on the plant, with no presence of diseases/insects, or any kind of visible damage
- Only take cuttings that are at least 4-6 inches long, and
- Make sure your stem cuttings are from vigorous, soft or semi-hard tissue growth for the best and fastest rooting results
Now get out there and create more plants for your garden!
Our YouTube Plant Propagation Videos
The Longest Blooming Perennials for Your Summer Garden – DIY Ep. 99 (Podcast)
Caring for Fuchsia Hanging Baskets– (Our Quarantined Gardeners #78 YouTube Video)
Order our New Book: First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. Now available!
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab.
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.