Learn 3 ways mulching in the fall months helps protect your plant’s roots on this quick garden minute podcast.
3 Ways Mulching This Fall Can Help Protect Your Plant’s Roots.
In this podcast, you’ll hear 3 ways that mulching this fall will help protect your plant’s roots.
What You’ll Learn:
- 3 ways mulching this fall will help protect your plant’s roots.
- Our recommended tools and supplies to mulch this fall.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- 3 Helpful Reasons Why Planting Perennials in the Fall Is Important – Ep.161 (podcast)
- Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. To Be Released February 9th, 2021!
- Want to get started, but not sure on what? Go to our Start-Here Page!
3 Ways Mulching In the Fall Helps Protect Your Plant’s Roots
The Fall season will soon be upon us.
This means we all need to start protecting our plants this fall for the coming winter months and what better way to do this than to mulch your garden.
For your plants to have all the benefits of mulch, you need to keep mulch levels consistent throughout your garden up to 3-4 inches thick.
Whether you have wood chip mulch, rock mulch, or are using some other kind of material, here are 3 ways how mulching will protect your plants this fall:
Having a good layer of mulch over plants roots can help protect them from freezing temperatures.
It also can regulate better the temperature around plant roots so it is more consistent, lessening any temperature extremes that would otherwise create more stress.
And lastly, mulching around your plants this Fall will help keep them stationary and less prone to erosion or being washed away in heavy rain or wind storms, along with lessening soil compaction.
And there are three reasons why mulching around your plants with mulch this fall is important.
Our Recommended Tools and Supplies to Mulch This Fall
These tools and supplies will help you mulch this fall:
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
And, if you have questions about these or other plants, we are here to help, so please email us.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
If you want to know more about growing plants and flowers, check out our new book The First-Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers: All the Know-how you need to plant and tend outdoor areas using eco-friendly methods.
You can pre-order now so you get your copy on our release date of February 9th, 2021.
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.