Learn these 3 tips to make your hanging basket and container plants look fuller on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Subscribe on iTunes Stitcher Spotify
Watch Us on YouTube
Granular vs Liquid Fertilizers – DIY Garden Minute Ep.198 (Podcast)
Careing for Fuchsia Hanging Baskets– Our Quarantined Gardeners #78 YouTube Video
Checkout and Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. Now available!
3 Tips to Create Fuller Hanging Baskets and Containers
Your hanging baskets and containers are all planted and placed around your garden, and now you might be wondering how you can make them grow fuller.
This is perfect because we have 3 tips to help you create and grow fuller hanging baskets and containers that you can apply right away in your garden.
For fuller plants in your hanging baskets and containers, you need to
- Pinch/Prune – When you pinch back or lightly prune plants, they generally redirect their growth to lateral growing points and shoots to expand more and lengthen less. You can pinch back your plants in hanging baskets and containers so they start to fill out and stop them from becoming leggy or viney.
- Fertilizer – Applying a liquid fertilizer every 1 to 2 weeks to your hanging baskets and container plants will help deliver needed growing nutrients so they can continue to developing new shoots, leaves, and flower on a more consistent basis.
- Rotate – Making sure plants in hanging baskets and containers are turned and rotated every week or two helps otherwise neglected sides of plants gain light exposure to create a more healthy and balanced look, especially for growth. This will lessen leggy or sparse growth areas in plants and create a more full look to any hanging basket and container. Even shade-loving plants will need to be rotated to still be exposed to indirect light for a fuller growing plant.
Watch Our #Shorts Video To See Sean Talk About Each Tip
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab.
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.