Learn about these three common petunia problems and how to fix them quickly for healthy petunias on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Subscribe on iTunes Stitcher Spotify
Watch Us on YouTube
How to Deadhead Your Petunias – DIY Ep. 201 (Podcast)
Caring for Fuchsia Hanging Baskets– Our Quarantined Gardeners #78 YouTube Video
Checkout and Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. Now available!
3 Petunia Problems to Look For And How to Fix Them Right Away
Like most summer flowering plants, Petunia’s are so unique and come in so many different flower colors.
To keep them gorgeous and beautiful to enjoy all summer, you will need to know about some common petunia problems.
Here are three common petunia problems and how to fix each one:
- Leggy Growth– If your petunias look stretched or leggy, then they could be in a too shaded location, so move them to a location with more sun. Leggy growth can also be a sign that they need to be pinched so they branch out more, so, using pruning shears or your fingernails, remove parts of their stems to force them to grow out more.
- Yellowing Leaves – If your petunia leaves are turning yellow, they could either be over or under watered, so check each time before you water if the soil is already moist. Yellowing leaves can also be an indication that they need to be fertilized with a well-balanced fertilizer like 8-8-8 every week or ever other week.
- Aphids – If your petunia leaves are curling or folding into itself, and you have single or groupings of small potato-looking insects on the bottom of or inside the curled leaves, then you could have aphids. Knock them off with you fingers or spray them with water. You can also use Neem Oil, but only spray in the early morning or late evening when pollinators aren’t around.
And there are three common petunia problems and how you can take care of them right away!
Watch Our #Shorts Video To See Sean Talk About Two of These 3 Petunia Problems
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon, available now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab.
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.