Learn these 3 mistakes to avoid so you can give the best care to your seedlings on this quick DIY Garden Minute podcast.
Subscribe on iTunes Stitcher Spotify
Watch Us on YouTube
3 Signs To Know When To Transplant Your Seedlings – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 185 (Podcast)
Checkout and Pre-Order our New Book: 1st Time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers. To Be Released April 13th, 2021!
3 Mistakes to Avoid When Caring For Your Seedlings
We all want our seedlings to be healthy and strong, but what mistakes should you be looking to avoid so you can best care for them?
We have 3 physical signs that you can look to avoid these care mistakes so your seedlings stay healthy and continue to grow strong before transplanting.
- Don’t over or underwater your seedlings.
- Look for drooping growth or your seedlings laying over. If this happens and the soil is really wet all the time, then you are over-watering your seedlings. If they are laying over and your soil is really dry, then you are under-watering your seedlings.
- Don’t grow your seedlings in either too hot or too cold of temperatures for long periods of time.
- Most seedlings prefer 60-75+ degrees to grow their best, but a week or more of above 80 or below 50 degrees continuously can lead to stress.
- Don’t thin out your seedlings too late.
- You don’t want them to get crowded and grow into each other.
- If planted really close together, once those first true leaves are fully developed, it’s time to thin and transplant.
Watch Our #Shorts Video To See These 3 Mistakes to Avoid
You can find more specific seed sowing and growing information when you pre-order our new book “The First-time Gardener: Growing Plants and Flowers” on Amazon with our new release date of April 6th which you can pre-order now!
We have partnered with Eden Brothers to be able to give you 15% off your next purchase when you enter the coupon code “SPOKEN” at checkout.
Get your high-quality seeds fast from Eden Brothers.com.
If you aren’t sure where to start learning about garden care, go to our Start Here page at spokengarden.com/start-here .
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Listen” tab.
Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart speaker!
You can pre-order now so you get your copy on our release date of April 6th, 2021.
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Us Out:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us reach new listeners to help them in their gardens!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.