You have located a great garden space to plant your Primroses but you’re unsure how to get started.
Landscaping with Primroses can be easy and beneficial if you know what to do.
In our DIY Garden Minute Ep. 61 – “Landscaping with Primroses” we’ll discuss general landscape ideas and tips for your garden.
This episode is meant for any level of gardener who is looking for ideas and inspiration for the Primroses in their yard.
Adding Primroses in Your Landscape
These plants are absolutely gorgeous and will give your garden that “POP” you need in the winter into spring, BUT how should you landscape with them to really get your bang for your buck?
Here is how to get your money’s worth out of Primroses!
- Many Primroses work great in groupings directly underneath large canopied trees like Dogwoods, Maples, Birch, and many other trees.
- You can put similar or like colors together or completely jumble different colors together.
- They also work well as edging plants on the outside of a landscape bed under trees. Either in one or two plant deep rows along walkways or bed edges can really define a path and draw the eye.
- They are also very beautiful in scattered groupings interspersed amongst other perennial plants in garden beds, BUT also in their own decorative pots.
- Using pairs or graduated sizes of decorative pots filled with only Primroses, they can burst with color and be show pieces at entrances or accent pieces by themselves on patios or decks. Truly gorgeous!
- Listen to DIY Episode 59 – Primula vulgaris: A Mini Plant-Profile and DIY Episode 60 – Primrose Care for Primrose growing and care needs.
For more information about Primroses in general, check out Primrose: A Gardener’s Guide and Plant Profile.
Primrose Plants For Sale
Whether you already have Primrose in your garden, or you are looking to purchase your first plant, we’ve gathered a selection of best-selling plants and seeds for you to choose from.
Now it’s time to pick out your own Primroses for your garden!
The best part is there are so many beautiful colors, shapes, and sizes available.
Or, do you need to shop for other garden plants for this spring?
Primrose Care Conclusion
Primroses are a beautiful addition to any garden.
Whether in groupings along edges, amongst other evergreen plants or underneath trees, this plant is one to absolutely have.
One solid color or a mix of many, Primrose will give vibrancy to your garden in the winter that you just wouldn’t otherwise have.
That’s all for this DIY garden minute episode!
You can find other one-minute topics on our podcast page at spokengarden.com/podcast
Find us on your favorite podcast platform and Alexa through MyPod or AnyPod!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page!
We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Landscaping With Primroses
In this podcast, you’ll learn landscaping ideas and tips for the Primroses in your yard.
What You’ll Learn:
- Learn landscaping tips and where to place Primroses in your landscape.
- Learn container planting and color ideas for Primroses.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Primrose: A Gardener’s Guide and Plant Profile
- Primrose Care Made Easy! – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 60
- Primula vulgaris: A Mini Plant Profile – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 61
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener!
- Understanding Basic Plant Growth – DIY Garden Minute Ep. 30
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal