You’ve heard about them. You have probably eaten foods created with them without your knowledge.
So, what’s the big deal?
We’re here to tell you, you should be skeptical.
In our “GMO Seeds, Why They’re Bad, and Why You Should Be Skeptical,” we’ll explain reasons why GMO seeds should be avoided.
This episode is meant for any level of gardener who wants to learn more about different types of seeds that are used to create some of the food we eat.
Also, check out our previous podcast interview with the Organic Seed Alliance to learn more about organic and heirloom seeds. Learn about what they’re doing to change the way we think about our seeds!
GMO Seeds Are Bad?
You want to eat healthier, but you’re not sure where to start.
Researching where your food comes from is important.
For example, do you know what GMO stands for or where they came from? What’s the difference between GMO and non-GMO seeds?
3 questions to get you thinking:
- How are GMO seeds influencing our overall health?
- How are GMOs affecting current crops?
- How do GMOs affect the environment at large?
Listen to this podcast for more!
You can find the Show Notes below with the links to more information to form your own opinion.
GMO Seed Episode Show Notes:
Here are some reasons why we think GMO seeds are bad:
- First, Modified Seeds outcompete or outgrow other plants.
- A second reason is Our future crops will become more vulnerable.
- And lastly, the unknown and untested effects on the human body could lead to allergies and possibly other ailments.
Links of articles will be in the show notes of this episodes webpage:
See ya in the Garden!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
GMO Seeds and Why They’re Bad
Learn 3 reasons how GMOs could be affecting our environment, our health and why you should be skeptical!
Mulching Cheat Sheet Guide from our Free Resources Library
What You’ll Learn:
- What is a GMO?
- Why GMOS are used
- Reasons why you should be very skeptical of GMO seeds in our opinion
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 43: Proactive vs Reactive Garden Strategy, Explained!
- Ep. 29: Organic Seeds & How Advocacy is Changing Locally Grown Vegetables
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 30: Understanding Basic Plant Growth
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork