Are mulching and fertilizing on your fall garden task list? Are you aware of why and how to mulch, along with what your lawn needs in the fall to stay healthy? As part of our Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series, this episode is full of fall garden mulching and lawn maintenance tips and tricks for your fall garden!
Mulching is a garden maintenance task that can help your plants thrive for many years. To keep your grass healthy it needs to be cut, fertilized, aerated, thatched, top-dressed with new soil, and maybe even have some new grass seed applied. Both of these garden maintenance tasks take a bit of time to complete but are so worth the effort.
This episode is for those of you newbies to more advanced gardeners who need help with mulching and lawn maintenance tasks.
Stay tuned for our next episode of the Fall Garden Tasks Series, Ep. 25: Fall Pruning!
Ep. 24 is part 3 of our 7-part podcast series for our Fall Garden Tasks and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge!
Fall Garden Tasks Podcast Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations!!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
Leave a note in the comment section below.
Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
To Help Out The Show:
Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
Learn strategies for improving your mulching efforts this fall and tips for general lawn maintenance!
Part 3 of our 7-part podcast series for our 8-Fall Garden Tasks and part of our Fall Garden Boot Camp Challenge! Choose to Accept Our Fall Bootcamp Challenge to get your garden ready for this fall and winter!
Mulching Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
“And That’s Good to Know” Segment
Fall and Winter Cover Crops: Using Clover to Improve Your Garden’s Health!
What You’ll Learn:
- Basic mulching best practices, including why and how you mulch.
- Types of mulching materials you could use.
- Multiple benefits of fall mulching
- General lawn care maintenance tips for the fall months, including thatching, aerating, fertilizing, etc.
- Why clover is a great cover crop in the offseason.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Top 7 Reasons Mulching Your Garden is Beneficial!
- How to Mulch: 6 Basic Steps for Mulching Anytime of Year
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 7: Mulch Basics, Explained!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 8: Fall Mulching, Defined!
- Crimson Clover product link
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic fan
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork