Pruning Hand Saw vs. Chainsaw
Have you ever wondered if you should invest in a hand saw or a chainsaw for pruning? Do you know the plant biology behind why certain leaves turn certain colors? With our “Hand Saw vs. Chainsaw, Revealed” mini-podcast, you’ll learn reasons why you should use both!
Of the many garden maintenance tasks you need to attend to this fall, pruning around your yard is one task you probably have on your list. Not everything should be pruned, but fall and winter is a great time to trim up those dead and diseased branches.
Listen to our quick segment on this “DIY Garden Minute” to learn more!
This episode is for beginner gardeners who have questions about the differences between hand saws and chainsaws for pruning.
Are you looking to Save Seeds From Common Garden Vegetables? Look No Further!
We want to share with you the Simple Seed Saving course!
Simple Seed Saving is an online course developed by Kait’s Garden, a Homesteading and Family Farming Blog, run by Kait Ahlin who lives with her husband and family in western Montana! She is passionate about organic gardening and seed saving and wants to share her knowledge with you through her course, Simple Seed Saving.
Watch a course demo here and be sure to let her know that Spoken Garden sent you!
Start collecting your garden vegetable seeds by following this easy-to-follow online course with downloadable reference charts and the course never expires because you have lifetime access! Best of all the condensed information of the course can be quickly completed in an afternoon.
Fall Garden Task Series
For more information on various fall garden tasks, check out our 7-episode Fall Garden Tasks podcast series!!
Our 7-episode, podcast series will outline 8 different garden tasks you should be doing this fall or should consider adding to your list. All of these garden maintenance tasks are crucial to the health of your garden.
The FALL GARDEN TASKS episodes are:
- Ep. 22: Introduction to the 8 Fall Garden Tasks and our own Fall Garden Bootcamp Challenge!
- Ep. 23: Fall Weeding Tips and Effortless Leaf Clean Up
- Ep. 24: Fall Garden Mulching and Lawn Maintenance
- Ep. 25: Fall Garden Pruning
- Ep. 26: Fall Planting, Transplanting, and Fertilizing
- Ep. 27: Fall Equipment Maintenance
- Ep. 28: Fall Garden Task Series Wrap-Up and Next Steps
Need Other Pruning Supplies For Your Fall Pruning Tasks??
- Check out our Best Pruning Shears post here to learn what makes a good pruning shear and what we recommend!
- Check out our Best Loppers post here to read our recommendations!!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Hand Saws vs. Chainsaws
Learn about differences between the two tools and their uses for pruning.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
What You’ll Learn:
- Differences between hand saws and chainsaws.
- How they are both used for pruning.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- Ep. 25: Fall Garden Pruning and Beneficial Leaf Clean Up
- Best Loppers For Your Pruning Needs
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 10: 3 Pillars of Pruning
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 9: Anvil vs. Bypass Pruning Shears
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork