Want to improve your mood and air quality at the same time?
Buy a couple of indoor plants, place them in strategic locations, and be prepared to reap the benefits!
Bring the garden indoors with low maintenance, low light plants that could improve your health at the same time.
In our “Best Indoor Plants and Their Life-changing Benefits,” we’ll suggest 3 of our favorite indoor plants and how best to care for each one.
This episode is meant for gardeners who are looking for indoor plant suggestions and basic care for each.
Check out our three different plants below!
Benefits of Indoor Plants
There are so many wonderful reasons to keep indoor plants in your home.
Luckily, it doesn’t matter what size your home is because most indoor plants thrive in lower light and can be grown anywhere.
These indoor plants offer multiple health benefits as well which is probably one of the BEST reasons to consider having a few of your own.
Here are just a few of the many health benefits you could experience:
- Improved air quality and air purification
- Stress reduction
- Improved mood
- Better sleep
- Reduce fatigue
- Increased empathy
The benefits far outweigh the reasons not to keep a few indoor plants hanging around your living or work areas.
One note of caution: Always be aware of certain plants and their possible toxicity to children or pets. Make sure to keep plants hanging high or away from kids or pets if needed.
Types of Indoor House Plants
Luckily for you, there are a wide array of options available for indoor plants
We tend to prefer plants that are low maintenance and thrive in lower light conditions.
Three examples we’ll present in this podcast are:
- Spider Plant
- Heart-Leaf Philodendron
- Mother-in-Law’s Tongue, or Snake Plant
(Listen to this podcast above for more on each of these plants as well as basic plant care tips).
Best Indoor Plants:
- One of the most popular and easiest to care for indoor plants.
- It resembles compact wide-leaved grass.
- Thrives in low and indirect light and prefers to be hung versus on a shelf or windowsill.
Heart Leaf Philodendron:
- Another popular indoor house plant and very easy to care for.
- The leaves actually resemble a heart-shape,
- It produces flowers that are modified, spike-like leaves, or what’s called a Spathe.
- It is a trailing vine and will certainly grow out.
- Prefers low light.
The Snake Plant or Mother-In-Laws-Tongue:
- A very popular indoor house plant that is super easy to care for.
- It will multiply all by itself.
- Its leaves resemble individual sword-like blades shooting right up out of the ground.
- Its leaves are waxy and thick.
- Prefers indirect low light levels
- Its leaves can be multiple colors of green, yellow, and/or white.
There are so many other indoor house plants, but Allison and I really like these and we hope you do too!
If you are looking for other indoor plants check these out:
- HGTV’s post on the “Health Benefits of House Plants” https://www.hgtv.com/outdoors/flowers-and-plants/houseplants/health-benefits-of-houseplants-pictures
- From GoodReads.com, their review of the book “Plant Society: Creating an Indoor Oasis for your Urban Space https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35960194-plant-society
Also, as a reminder, you find us on your favorite podcast platform and now Alexa through MyPod or AnyPod!
See ya in the Garden!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
Best Indoor Plants
Learn how indoor plants can improve your health.
Mulching Cheat Sheet Guide from our Free Resources Library
What You’ll Learn:
- How to improve your health with indoor plants.
- 3 indoor plants and care tips
- Where to buy all 3 plants with links.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 43: Proactive vs Reactive Garden Strategy, Explained!
- Ep. 21: Proactive Weed Control Strategies For Any Season
- Best Pruning Shears For Any Gardener!
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 30: Understanding Basic Plant Growth
Other Gardening Products Related To This Podcast You Might Not Have:
- Organic fertilizer sticks
- Hanging Planters
- Organic Potting Soil
- House Plant Gardening Books