What, When, Why, and How Should You Prune?
Spoken Garden has developed a quick, easy strategy to remember called the “3 Pillars of Pruning ©.”
Pruning . . .
is a garden maintenance task and one you can perform any time of year, depending on the plant. Keep in mind, not all trees and plants can be pruned during the same season.
Listen to our quick segment on this “DIY Garden Minute” to learn about the 3 pillars of pruning and how this can help you in your garden.
This episode is for any gardener who would like more information about the basics of pruning (the what, when, why, and how) as well as learn about our 3 Pillars of Pruning.
Also, check out our Best Pruning Shears post here! Be sure to listen to our Podcast Episode 22, the start of our 7-episode mini-series on the 8-Fall Garden Tasks you should be doing and our Fall Bootcamp Challenge!
And hey—before you head out—if you want to connect with us and subscribe to our newsletter go to Spoken Garden’s free resource page! We have FREE garden content we are so excited to give to you, like cheat sheets, plant profile sheets, etc! See you there!
Thanks for Listening!!!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Subscribe on iTunes
3 Pillars of Pruning!
Find out about the 3 Pillars of Pruning created by Spoken Garden. These 3 “pillars” will help you identify and determine when and why to prune your plants.
Pruning Cheat Sheet at our Free Resources Page
Fall Pruning Tips – Part 1:
What You’ll Learn:?
- What are the “3 Pillars of Pruning”?
- Ways to identify when and why to prune.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 4: To Divide or Not to Divide, Explained
- DIY Garden Minute Ep. 2: Pruning vs. Deadheading, Revealed
- How to Best Prune Your Garden This Winter
- Ep. 9: Fall Pruning Do’s and Don’ts
Products Related To This Podcast:
- Best pruning shears
- Hand saw: folding or fixed
- Blower: hand-held or backpack, gas or electric
- Leaf Rake: metal or plastic
- Hard Rake: metal
- Pitch Fork