Before you place your plants and flowers in the wrong location, learn how to pick the right plant for the right location in your garden with our 3-step system.
How to Pick the Right Plant
In this podcast, you’ll learn how to choose the correct plants for your garden based on three categories of need before planting them in the wrong location.
What You’ll Learn:
- How your garden’s needs affect which plants you should buy.
- How your plant’s needs are an important factor in design (and how that impacts plant care down the road).
- How to choose plants based on your preferences.
- Why you should care about where you plant your plants.
- Resources and links for more information.
Some of the resources and products below may be affiliate links, meaning we might get paid a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
- Podcast worksheet
- How to Plant Your Garden Bulbs (eBook)
- Garden Tutor soil texture testing kit
- How to Easily Test Your Garden Soil for Texture
- Right Plant, Right Place – DIY Garden Minute podcast ep. 134
- Cold-Hardiness and Why You Should Care – DIY Garden Minute podcast ep. 135
- Power-up Garden Care Challenge
The Right Plant for the Right Place
When choosing plants to add to your garden, you might have an idea of the color of plants and flowers you prefer, what kind of texture you like, or the level of plant maintenance you want. Or, maybe you don’t. Maybe you just walk through the garden center and grab plants and flowers that catch your eye for whatever reason.
You will need to be proactive for your plant’s survival and so you don’t make more work for yourself later.
In this podcast, we’ll discuss how to think about the needs of your plants BEFORE buying them and bringing them home to add to your garden. And, it’s all about making a plan. We’ve organized this task into a 3-step system of categories based on your garden’s needs, your plant’s needs, and your needs.
We’ll teach you to think about the right plant for the right location before you waste money creating a garden resulting in unhealthy plants, and it is not as hard as you think.
Click here to download our Spring Garden Plant Needs worksheet as a compliment to this episode so you can start planning now!
And, if you have more questions on how to care for your plants after you’ve planted them, please email us and let us know.
Thanks for Listening!!!
That’s all for this podcast episode! You can find other beginning gardener topics on our podcast page by clicking here or go to SpokenGarden.com and click on the “Podcast” tab. Also find us on your favorite podcast platform and smart-speaker!
Share Your Thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Leave comments/ suggestions at Seanandallison@eseospace.dev
- Share our show or follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To Help Out The Show:
- Leave a review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help us out!
- Subscribe on iTunes or Spotify.
*Spoken Garden is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.